COVID-19 Data Resources
As with many of the global challenges we work to tackle every day, the Coronavirus Disease-2019, or COVID-19, requires collective action and a coordinated response. It can't be contained by any one country, organization, or person. And as the coronavirus continues to spread around the world, the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data is looking towards the data, and we are calling on our network to come together to do what we do best - support each other with vital resources, produce quality data, analyze and use the data, implement good practices, share experiences, or ask for support if you need it.
Send us a message with additional links - we'll be updating this list often.
UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network updates a COVID-19 Vaccine Procurement dashboard every week alongside the Duke Global Health Innovation Center. Data includes breakdown of vaccine by company, country, and more.
Scripps Research standardizes and aggregates COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 data for easy access. Complete with interactive data dashboards, the interface aggregates journal articles, preprints, datasets, clinical trials, protocols, and other resources in one place.
covid19policytrackers is a collection of COVID-19 policy trackers and data. It covers cross-country research in the areas of non-pharmaceutical interventions, economic and social policy responses, public attitudes, politics and media coverage.
World Health Organization's Situation Reports: situation updates and data, updated daily.
- The World Bank's dashboard for understanding COVID-19 through data is updated frequently with data from the World Bank and other sources.
- The Economist published the code and data behind their excess mortality tracker.
- Data.world is collecting the most up-to-date and trusted open data related to COVID-19, enabling experts all over the world to work together on a global solution.
- Google released COVID-19 Community Mobility Reports to provide insights into what has changed in response to work from home, shelter in place, and other policies aimed at flattening the curve of this pandemic.
- The Oxford COVID-19 Government Response Tracker aims to record governments' unfolding responses to COVID-19 in a rigorous, consistent way across countries and across time.
- Our World in Data is aggregating COVID-19 Statistics and Research, bringing together the relevant data, and allowing readers to make sense of the published data and early research on the Coronavirus outbreak.
- The Centre for Humanitarian Data at UNOCHA created a COVID-19 Data crisis page on HDX, making it easy to find all data related to the outbreak.
- UNESCO's COVID-19 Educational Disruption and Response page contains data on school closures and their impact, as well as educational resources and distance learning solutions.
- Through a series of surveys deployed to Premise's global network of users in 90 countries, the COVID-19 Global Impact Study is helping track what people around the world are thinking, feeling and seeing in regard to the virus.
- With COVID-19 fatality and hospitalization rates strongly influenced by age and sex, WorldPop put together a new portal to make visualizing and accessing global population demographics data more easily.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has been accompanied by a massive ‘infodemic’ - an over-abundance of information – some accurate and some not. The COVID19 Infodemics Observatory is assessing reliability and risk levels of information, by country.
- UN Women is tracking sex-disaggregated COVID-19 data.
- The UN World Food Programme is tracking travel restrictions around the world.
- The GovLab launched its Data4COVID19 Living Repository, a platform that monitors progress and curates projects that reuse data to address the pandemic.
Regional and Country-Level Data
- The UN Development System in Africa developed the Africa UN Knowledge Hub for COVID-19, the one-stop-shop on information and resources from credible sources including the WHO, regional UN agencies, ministries of health of African governments, and credible news channels.
- The ONE Africa COVID-19 Tracker contains the latest reliable data from global institutions, governments, and universities on various indicators relevant to COVID-19 on the continent.
- GRID3 is mapping settlements in countries in Africa to support COVID-19 response efforts.
- Live data on COVID-19 cases in Sierra Leone.
- This Zambia COVID-19 Data Hub is updated daily with information from the Zambia National Public Health Institute and the Ministry of Health.
- Ghana Statistical Service created a dashboard to monitor COVID-19 cases.
- REACH is collecting vital information on the impact of the Coronavirus & the situation of affected populations in the 20+ countries it operates in, including Bangladesh, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Libya, Mali, Nigeria, South Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, Yemen, and more.
- UN ESCWA provides daily updates on COVID-19 cases, deaths, and recoveries in the Arab region.
- Upcode Academy created a dashboard tracking the COVID-19 outbreak in Singapore.
- Dashboard Kasus COVID-19 di Indonesia/COVID-19 Data Tracker is a public dashboard monitoring the spread of the virus in Indonesia.
- El DANE y sus socios presentan el Índice de vulnerabilidad por manzana, que ubica a la población que puede tener más complicaciones en caso de contagiarse del COVID-19.
- Knowi's COVID-19 dashboard has country-level data. For the US, it has state and county-level data and allows users to search by zip code.
- The COVID Tracking Project is tracking cases and testing in the United States, including by race. The the full dataset is updated each day, with data from state/district/territory public health authorities—or, occasionally, from trusted news reporting, press conferences, or (very occasionally) tweets or Facebook updates from state authorities.
- The UK's Office for National Statistics has a new, weekly release containing data and experimental indicators about the condition of the UK society and economy and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visualizations and Maps
- Data on population risk factors can help governments prepare and respond to the pandemic and save lives. This dashboard from UNFPA provides decision makers, experts and the general public with access to information on populations at risk in order to target preparedness and response.
- Social Progress Imperative mapped infrastructure, health and demographic factors that influence vulnerability to COVID-19. The tool provides information on the United States’ 500 largest cities to help clearly spotlight cities and communities where vulnerabilities are greatest.
- UN ESCAP provides interactive visualizations tracking policy responses, including containment measures and fiscal policy, to COVID-19 in Asia and the Pacific.
- 91-DIVOC is an interactive visualization of the exponential spread of COVID-19.
- This COVID-19 Interactive Map, part of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine's Coronavirus Resource Center, is tracking total confirmed cases, deaths, and recoveries in near real-time.
- African Arguments set up an interactive map tracking the spread of the virus in Africa.
- The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control created a dashboard that can be filtered to focus in on Europe.
- Information is Beautiful's COVID-19 Data Pack is visualizing the latest data from various sources.
- The most extensive travel restrictions to stop the outbreak haven’t been enough. The New York Times analyzed and visualized the movements of hundreds of millions of people to show why.
- Coronavirus tracked: the Financial Times' latest figures tracking and visualizing countries affected, the number of deaths, and the economic impact. No subscription required.
Response and Calls to Action
- UN ECLAC has built this Observatory to track the public policies that the 33 countries of the Latin America and Caribbean region are implementing to limit the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, and offers analyses of the economic and social impacts that these policies will have at the national and sectoral levels.
- MIT is hosting a series of challenges to empower you to take action on the COVID-19 crisis.
- A single feed of trusted, quality data can save a life, but data feeds aggregated from multiple sources will be transformative. COVID Data Map is a data aggregation and mapping platform for organizations to share and display relevant data - they want you to join them.
- This Coronavirus Innovation Map tracks innovative solutions developed in response to COVID-19 around the world.
- COVID-19 Data Collaboratives is part of an open call for action to build an infrastructure for data-driven pandemic response and serves as a repository for data collaboratives seeking to address the spread of COVID-19.
- The Health System Response Monitor collects and organizes up-to-date information on how countries are responding to the COVID-19 crisis, focusing primarily on the responses of health systems but also captures wider public health initiatives.
- As part of their COVID-19 response, Humanitarian OpenStreetMap is mapping hospitals, pharmacies, clinics, and roads to help communities and health workers respond quickly. Learn more and join the effort.
- Knowing where money is going can facilitate thoughtful collaboration and decision-making, so Candid is tracking the philanthropic response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, including funding opportunities.
- The U.S. government and partners issued a call to action to the nation’s artificial intelligence experts to develop new text and data mining techniques that can help the science community answer high-priority scientific questions related to COVID-19.
- Open IDEO's COVID-19 Communication Challenge is gathering a range of first-hand experiences from around the world, to improve global authorities' response and build effective solutions in line with real challenges.
- The Council on Foundations is calling funders and other leaders in the philanthropic sector to act with fierce urgency to support nonprofit partners and communities hit hardest by the impacts of COVID-19.
- An international team of researchers are collecting survey data on how citizens prepare and cope with the spreading coronavirus.
- The COVID Symptom Tracker is enabling self-reporting in the UK. The data will be used to study the symptoms and spread of the virus.
- The COVID-19 Global Hackathon is an opportunity for developers to build software solutions that can tackle challenges related to COVID-19.
Research and Analysis
- GeoPoll released a report on the economic impact of COVID-19 on Kenya, Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Mozambique, and South Africa, with information about income, loans, services, and government responses.
- Esri published a blog on how to map data responsibly.
- UN Global Pulse's Mapping the landscape of artificial intelligence applications against COVID-19 presents an overview of recent studies using AI to tackle the COVID-19 crisis at different scales.
- UN Global Pulse's From plague to coronavirus examines the value of ship traffic data for epidemic modeling.
- All the Coronavirus Statistics are Flawed, from the Atlantic, explains that while we may be swimming in statistics, these figures each have their own particular limitations.
- COVID-19 Reports from Imperial College London include timely research and analysis, available in English, Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, French, and Arabic.
- COVID-19 Mobility Monitoring Project's First Report is the first assessment of mobility changes in Italy following lockdown.
- Demographic science, COVID-19, from researchers at the University of Oxford & Nuffield College, explores hows demographic science aids in understanding the spread and fatality rates of COVID-19.
- The Novel Coronavirus Information Center, part of RELX's SDG Resource Centre, includes health and medical research from Elsevier experts.
- Viral lies: policy brief from Article 19 on tackling misinformation and hate speech around COVID-19.
- Verified is a United Nations initiative to fight COVID-19 disinformation by collecting and disseminating fact-based, verified information and advice.
- District Health Information Software 2 (DHIS2) released a COVID-19 digital data package to accelerate case detection, situation reporting, active surveillance and response.
- Tableau gathered the power of their community and technology to create a free COVID-19 Data Resource Hub to help you make confident decisions with data.
- The Council of Europe developed a series of recommendations and guidelines that can help governments, authorities, employers, and others protect personal data as we fight the coronavirus pandemic.
- This crowd-sourced list is tracking digital health solutions that can be or are already being used around the world to monitor and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Cepei's COVID-19 Data and Innovation Centre incorporates data visualization to track resources and offer an open platform for pandemic-related data.